Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The Work is Slow, But the Work is Good

This is the most important thing, what I am about to say. Pre mission I have only met about two people named Jason. During my Temple Square time I have met I think 4-5 people, that is about 12 months. But in nine weeks of being in the Nevada Reno Mission I have meet three elders (two are companions), and two members, and have two less active members on the lists. What? That's like 6 people! That is super cool... My dog's name is Jason, and all of them know it. And you know what? No one here has given me a funny look or mean comment about my dog's name, or makes fun of it. 

Tuesday, we had zone training meeting with "How to Build an Area." Every time I hear it, I learn something new, which I am glad for because it would get very boring after the first week. 

Sister Cluff and I biked in the rain on Thursday because we wanted to! Super good!

We had zone conference. I love Zone conference, they officially gave the case study to everyone! I had to give a departing testimony.... I am not even going home home. But President Chesnut told everyone that Sister Christensen co-wrote the case study and I helped a bit too and that we were here to get it rolling ðŸ˜¶ Way to throw us under the bus! I have no idea what I am doing out here, don't tell them I do!

Also! They are doing #LightTheWorld again this year! Super cool! I get to listen that song again for a month! It is so good, the 24th it will be world available! 

At zone conference we got flu shots. Our 3rd ward mission leader is a pharmacist and he gave us all shots that needed them. Then we did this change a tire on a bike thing, and the bike we were working at kept getting worse! So, we split into two groups, one person had to take off the tire replace it and put it back on, while telling us all what to do. 

1. Put the back tire tread on backwards
2. Sister Christensen pulled a goat head out of the front tire causing a hole, so we had to change that
3. While the front was getting fixed, the elder, one of the Jasons, was pumping the tire up so much that it popped! It sound like a gun shoot! It freaked everyone out! He seemed very shaken up.

That bike got two brand new tubes that it didn't even need! Funny.

This was stake conference weekend for Elko West Stake. Sister Cluff and I decide to text all the less active members about it. This took at least two hours to do. We had a few responses, mainly people telling us that the number is not that of the person we think, but our favorite was John Beck from Jackpot NV, who is a traveling musician with his wife, and they are currently in North Dakota. And them some called us a cult. Good times.

But now, for exciting news! They redid the ward boundaries, and only 2nd and 3rd wards got bigger and new people. All of the English Elko missionaries have to give us lists of the people we gained. Super fun! Sister Cluff and I are excited! 

The work is slow, but the work is good, and if it doesn't take off while I am here, it definitely will next transfer! 

Sister Glanzer

P.S. I cut my hair, just in case I forgot to mention it. It feels really short, but I guess it is still the typical long length for girls. \_(' ' )_/ Who knows? 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!