Monday, September 11, 2017

Miracles and Blessings!

Okay okay okay.

So life is going by so fast sometimes that I don't even remember what has happened. Oops. Maybe this is a great time to repent and write in my journal more often. 

Now I haven't been to Welfare Square for the longest time, so I don't have any fun stories from there. Sad, I know. This transfer we only go on Thursdays, so, so far I have missed two days because of zone conference and interviews and the potential to have the last Thursday of the transfer be our service project. So it really is like Square is my assignment, not Welfare Square. 

Zone Conference was amazing, as always. The thing that stood out to me the most was a training given by the Zone Leaders of the East 2 Zone. They took snippets from the movie "Ephraim's Rescue" (which is one of the three movies we are approved to watch). There was a phrase that he said, "A desire that was planted in my heart." There are callings I would have like to have had or served in, but I didn't desire it. It was never planted in my heart, perhaps my head for a time. And that is fine. There are some sisters that want to have certain callings soooooooo bad, that when they get or don't get texts it is a very dramatic response. That has a lasting effect for quite some time after.

Now lets talk about miracles and blessings!

These past few days we have found some very open and golden folks online. Really, we have! Super exciting! Sister Leavitt says that I will be leaving her with a huge teaching pool if I go outbound (We don't know yet). We can see that there are quite a few people around the US that are on date for baptism (5) and we are actually going to a baptism this Saturday! 

This was the event I am going to tell is HUGE! So sister Leavitt and I got done taking a GP of a big Polynesian family. Then a man came asking of it in Spanish, so we went searching for Spanish sisters. We found him again telling him they were on their way. Now, as we sent them in with the sisters, two men come up to us. One was a member I have talked with a few times as he has brought people to the Square, and the other is a man that Sister Leavitt taught her 2nd and 3rd transfer, Gary. Now right then and there we learned that Gary will be getting baptized this Saturday! Gary is like in his 60's, and was homeless when she started teaching him, but know, she says, he looks a lot better. He has also been meeting with local missionaries for the last 3 months and has finally found these things to be true! It was so amazing. 

This transfer has been a pretty interesting transfer. Most of it I have asked to keep confidential, but it has been CRAZY CRAZY at times. So we view these people as blessings from Heavenly Father for our diligence, and I think more for Sister Leavitt than for me, being a district leader isn't easy. I know, all but one of my companions has been one! But then even later she became one. 

I forgot to say! So a few weeks ago, when ever it was transfer time for the Yakima mission, there was quite a few fresh returned missionaries roaming The Square with their families, like fresh off the plan. One of them was Elder Dalton! Granted he was only in Oroville/Tonasket for a couple weeks before I left, but that was still neat to see him. Then, later on there was sister just kind of like, "oh look sister missionaries!" She too had returned home from Yakima, I don't remember her name, but she had served in the Ephrata area for a time Spanish speaking. 

The Mormon community for some people is SUPER small. There was a sister that served 12 years ago who came by herself to see the basement. She was very emotional as she walked around, remembering her mission, but her mission president is friends with the Risenmays. Go figure. Part of me wants to live in super Mormon place so I can have things like that happen, then the other part is.... that is too many people, how will my children know what the world is like.... maybe a mild Mormon place, Like the Ephrata ratio! That seems pretty good. But they have to have the joy of early morning seminary like me and many that came before them. ðŸ˜‰

Good day all!
Sister Glanzer


Sister Leavitt drying her shirt in the bathroom
This is the usual Welfare Square Thursday Shift, minus three of us. Sister Colemen form TX, Sister Jeong from South Korea and Sister Jansen from Brazil
Our zone activity was last P-day, but I thought I need to make up for the lack of pics last week
Zone activity
Zone activity
The only squirrel I have seen here in Utah
We celebrated Sister Smith A's Bday as well. She is now 20. The other sister is Sister Newlin from North Carolina
Our distrct activity, we went to the Central Bishop Store House. IT WAS HUGE! So I took a few pictures, and sister Calderon had the rest.
Bishop's Storehouse
Bishop's Storehouse
Bishop's Storehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!