Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Reno!

Well, everyone, I made it! I don't know where to start...
Okay, we'll start with  back at Temple Square!

Our Zone service Project was going to the Spencer's to pull weeds. Which was fun! They provide us with a lot of delicious tomatoes and other stuff, so we were all glad to go and pull.

The count down to coming to Reno was slow. Packing for a place that no one around you can tell you anything about is a little hard, some people said warm.... most people said warm. One soul said it was going to be cold and see snow. That one soul was correct. 

We had a meeting for Outbound sisters to kind of prep us a bit for our new adventure!
I had my final phone call with Dan from chat. He is so prepared, I really hope he gets baptized while I am gone, that would be great. So when I come back I can see a picture! Woot!

Funny story, we cannot be alone unless we are in the bathroom. The new training sisters and the outbound sisters were all at the trax at the same time on Wednesday. The trax for the trainers came, they got on, but Sis. Matheny from Texas got left behind, and she couldn't come with us and our trax was coming. We told her to go to the Square and then call whoever she could to tell them she was there alone. So, in three months I get to learn how that goes!

Sister Smith A and I enjoyed our airplane ride, and as we got closer we got pretty excited. The plane to Reno was just a little puddle jumper.

Now, guess what? I am in a trio, but not just any trio, I am with two sister training leaders, which is like sister zone leaders, but they don't do numbers or weekly interviews, or anything that a zone leader does. They are there to have exchanges with sisters in the zone, I think. I laughed inwardly because that is really funny, I can't escape being a leader's companion, and this time I have two in one transfer! HA! Sister Smith A. and I are in the same zone!

Oh my goodness there is so much to talk about!

So they evacuated the Puerto Rico Mission, and so our mission just got two new sisters and four new elders... on top of 31 new missionaries with the new transfer. So there are going to be a lot of trios!

Now these sisters used to have a slide phone but it stopped getting texts. Now we have the LG flip! Woot! which are a pain to text with especially because they text a ton every single day. It is like getting the texts on square, but having to respond to every single one of them. πŸ˜“
But we had the idea to type the messages on note of the slide phone, bluetooth it to the flip phone and send the texts that way! So much faster!

Now I talked about leaving a ton really good teaching pool with sister Leavitt. That was heart breaking because the whole of my mission it was never that great! But as I come here, there are FIVEπŸ–πŸ‘‹✋FIVE  people on date! And I think one was set after I came! We teach all the time! There is almost no time for anything else! And we do service in the community weekly.

Now this is almost a whole new world of missionary work! We haven't done any tracting or door knocking (I think this mission has said no to that) because we are busy driving allover the place. We are YSA and Tongan, so you really can't tract for that, you need ask all the time for referrals. We work with less active and I can't believe it all! It is so fun! I kind of went into "I don't know what to do" shell, this past week, but I've been here almost a week and I've been a missionary for over a year (Just past my year mark woot! didn't do anything cool, but teach people in person, so that was the best way to celebrate!), so I'll snap out of it super fast! 

Instead of one hour of church I had 4! Yay!
That's all folks!

Sister Glanzer, I'am from Washington... the dry side, non humid side, like Reno, and Salt Lake City. \_(' ' )_/ I can't escape it. πŸ˜‚

Pulling weeds at the Spencer's

My new companions
Sister Tuttle, Sister Wu and me in guest services
Last pictures with the Zone!
Last pictures with the Zone!
Last pictures with the Zone!
Last pictures with the Zone!
Sister Calderon and I are checked out! Her to Spain, me to Reno!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!