Monday, November 13, 2017

Welcome to Elko!

It has been rainy and cloud here in Elko, Nevada. Not much to look at. My area is actually small enough we could bike it! Now I have a bike. But we are going to have the elders fix it for me today at p-day activities, which I think are just like last transfer. We go to a chapel and play sports. It feels weird to say "play sports"... have gym class? I did something terrible and waited until the last 10 minutes to write my weekly... Oops! 


What are some highlights of Elko? There is a Costa Vida. That is pretty good, but I have never eaten there until I got to Reno. I hope to find one in WA. We cover two wards, and it is super hard to keep everyone straight. like who is in what ward, because the areas are right next to each other and there is no cultural difference between the two wards. BUT! my area is still waaaaaay bigger than temple square! The people are so nice and good, and I can't wait to help them get even more excited for missionary work! 

We have one investigator, Will, who they had to reschedule the baptism for, because of his job. Many, many people work for the mines here, so there is a lot of weird schedules. They have a 30 minute night time sacrament meeting on Sundays for those who have to work on Sundays. That is super neat.
Sister Cluff is like me! Youngest of five kids with a pretty big age gap. Her gap is ten years, and mine is seven years. She loves the people here and loves the work! 

This is definitely very different then a YSA ward. I have two new distractions, pets and children. Especially shorter haired cats. Even these past few days it is crazy how my attitude toward the area fluctuates when there are no lessons. But I am keeping up a good outside, so that it will turn into a better inside.

I am doing the kind of missionary work that I always thought was missionary work. Sister Cluff is amazing with the members, and I think I might be testing her patience a little bit about asking which members can come with us for the few lessons we do have.

There has been a few successes in this short time with trying just LAs! We were walking about one night, and we passed a house with people in the garage, invited them to the family history night that we are really trying to get tons of people to. While talking to them, we found a hidden member! We were inspired to go there!

Also, there is a family where the wife got some anti material 5-10 years ago from one of her in-laws that added to her troubles, and just pushed her over into inactivity. Well, after three days in a row stopping by, we had a 30 min controlled focused lesson, and a return appointment! So good! She also gave us a treat! I think she likes us! 

Sorry, gotta go bye!
Sister Glanzer! 


All that you see was my old area, and what you can't see way behind us! All of sparks and reno!
The lonely road
This place looks like WA
Sister Merrick and a fresh from the MTC sister on the transfer van
Stopped in Winimmuca for a drop off, switch, refuel, and go!
Those v's are actually u's
Look at the bumper sticker!
Last zone morning program. Quincy district excluded
Last lesson with these three, Sis. christensen and I left them behind in Elko!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!