Friday, November 3, 2017

Why do you need the Savior?

​​I think I have told y'all, but Sister Christensen and Sister Lovstedt have been writing a case study about building an area, and how to use the members and stop finding through our own efforts and go strictly to LARCs. For the past five weeks this was all of our non existent free time. I got to read it a few times, hear the trainings a few times, and listen to it over and over again while I contacted people on the LG Flip! Listening to it was so inspiring. Now, I would have quick thoughts that I would shoo away, "That would be fun to implement that in a new area" or "That would be cool to go apply this in area that needs it." I never prayed for it. I never put too much thought into it, but guess what, I am transferred to Elko, which 4.5 hour away from Reno. Who would have thought? And now I get to help start the case study mission wide. How nerve wracking is that?

My new companion of is Sister Cluff from UT. I hope she knows how to drive in the snow. I don't have a tiwi card. Tiwi is the box that regulates our driving. To let us know if we are driving to fast or if we took a turn too fast. He lets us go seven over the speed limit. that is pretty generous.

The funny thing about this is that Pres. Chesnut told Sis. Christensen on Friday after Sis. Conference. So we told a bunch of elders that Sis. Christensen and Lovstedt dreamt about it. The Assistants thought that was pretty funny.

This is how you know Heavenly Father gives inspiration to mission presidents and the assistants. I have maybe talked with Pres. Chesnut like twice, and once was with Sis. Smith at the beginning of the transfer, and the only thing I remember from that, "I can trust that you will be obedient?"  "Yes, President!" I wonder what my companions were saying about me in their letters to him every week. Thanks Heavenly Father, I'll do my best.

Also, Sis. Christensen, who spent her whole mission on the west side, (Reno/Sparks area) is getting shipped out with me to the east side her very last transfer! Also in spring to summer next year all there will be 162ish missions that will be using smartphones in their proselyting. How crazy is that!?! Man, too bad it wasn't early, while I was still here, I would have loved to help prep everyone on technology!

I am a bit sad to be leaving the Reno YSA because I was really barley getting to know the people better, and there are going to be two more baptisms here next transfer. This is nothing like getting transferred to a new zone every transfer at Temple Square, I still see all the missionaries I kind of made friends with. BUT! Elder Harmon, who is in the YSA ward with us, and Sis. Merrick from the zone are coming with us! So there will be three people I know!

WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE ON TUESDAY! That was amazing! I never thought I would be so excited to see a temple! The Reno temple is pretty small, but I like it! That temple is beautiful! We went as a zone. This was the first time in a long time that I went to the temple and their were more men than women going through. Good boost before I am shipped off!

We had Sisters' Conference, where all the sisters in the mission come to the Prater building right next to the mission office. We have trainings from the STLs, Sister Training Leaders. They were all really good trainings. We had a senior missionary talk to us about the priesthood, about what it is and means to him. That was very spirit filled. We got a copy of it!

I never have talked much about the rough tours on temple square, or the rough over-the-phone lessons. But Sister Lovstedt and I had a legendary lesson with an investigator we had on date. This was the worst lesson ever. We would ask a simple question, he would go off on tangents like nobody's business. Literally, I asked, "Who is Christ to you, how do you feel about him?" I gave him an example, and he goes on to talk about James Bond! Then I asked a simpler question, "Do you know why we need a savior? Yes or no?" That answer was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off! Way off. Then he told us that he learns better from men, so we gave him the Elders. They had a better lesson with him, which we were happy about. After that lesson as soon as I was in the car, we just laughed out heads off. It was ridiculous and funny! While this lesson was going on, the YSA Elders were making funny faces in the classroom window! 😡

My invitation is to study and find out why you need a savior. Who is Christ to you? Not only will you find the answer, but your love for Him will grow, and you will trust Him more.

Last six weeks in Reno Nevada Mission! 😌 It is going to be great!
Sister Glanzer!

P.S. I have a new address: 1140 college ave elko nv 89801 the Zone LEaders didn't give us an apartment number if there is one. We'll find out next week I guess. A member told us there is going to be a snow storm on Friday in Elko! Yay! I got some boots.

Reno has a mission blog!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!