Monday, December 11, 2017

I am glad I will never run out of things to learn

Hello. This is my last full day out here. I am going to miss is so much! Working with the same people over an extended period of time was so much fun. I am so grateful they let us have this experience. I have talked a lot about building an area, these past months, and Sister Cluff and I did just that. We have found so many people for the 2nd and 3rd wards. 

Serving around elders was pretty fun too! They have a pretty good humor, and all of these elders work hard. 

Funny story from this morning. We were scraping our car, and this little bird hit the car and flew under it, right next to me, not even a foot away from me, because there was hawk chasing it. Almost got hit by two birds!

Anywho, this week we had the 2nd ward Christmas party! There were some less active families that came! We also gained a family of investigators from 4th ward because they moved into our ward, and we are having a 2nd lesson with them tonight. They seem very golden and receptive to the gospel. 

We got transfer calls last night and of course I don't get to know anything, but Sister Cluff is training a brand new missionary! I jokingly asked Elder Bridge if he knew anything about what I was doing. 

We had a lesson with a LA part member family. The son did not want to come into the church, he refused, but his friend that was with him that day was all for it! We watched the 20 min restoration video. The mom and son said it made them feel good, but the friend, who is 12, said, "It gives purpose to life." ðŸ˜± He said he was a member or at least his mom was. We took down all his info, and found out he was in the zone leaders' area, and sent him to them! He was just beaming by the end of the lesson! It was so amazing to see!
We finally met a referral that was given to us at the beginning of Sister Cluff being here. Jerry on Spruse. Needless to say, Jerry was interesting and had a lot of WOW issues and just contradicted himself in what he was saying about religion. It was a rather fun and funny experience! He took the Book of Mormon and Restoration pamphlet and we went on our way. The only thing we could say was, "That's Jerry." He was nice.

There was a "Why I Believe" fireside on Sunday, those are just so cool. There were two or three recent converts that spoke and a few returning less actives. We had a less active who came and watched. He is a super nice guy, he was the one that gave us the strawberries. The spirit was so very strong, only six weeks more and more people will attend! 

I love so much missionary work! I love how when I let myself be wrapped up in it I get more and more excited for it, especially the traditional work. It will be fun to be a member missionary and know what I can do better to help missionaries wherever I live. I know that Heaven Father let me grow out here in the High Desert of NV, and I will keep progressing in my faith and discipleship for always. I love the Gospel so much. I am glad I'll never run out of things to learn. 

Catch y'all in a bit,
Sister Glanzer


We had zone activity last p-day, we did Elko Iron Chef, ie made food for the ZLs to eat. My district got 2nd place. Go us. 
Our gifts all wrapped up for 3rd ward white elephant party
There was mounted mouse head. Fun. 
For morning program we got to avoid running into tables. 


We did Elko half zone caroling!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!