Monday, January 1, 2018

Changes to the Temple Square Mission

December 21, 2017

I knew coming back would be pretty different, but this is just crazy! 


1. Area books looks way different. and not many missionaries like it. I vote we just go back to paper planners. and make planner covers.

2. This one is cool: So when we get a new investigator we don't just send them to the Local Missionaries right away, we have to have at least to solid lessons when them to make sure they have a true desire to progress and then we send them to the Local Missionaries.... aka we teach more lessons! yay! 🤗

3. There are sooooooooooo many new sisters soooooo many. 😵

4. When I ask someone how long they have been out, my companion will chime and tell me a different amount of time confusing me and the other sister. Kind of ridiculous. 😑

5. Adjusting back is taking fooooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeverrrrrrr

6. There are more people coming to temple square then there are less active members of the church in Northern Nevada, and there are a lot there of them. 

7. Weekly planning is different, we don't use the PMG way anymore, there is a new chapter to PMG

9. We use Facebook Messenger 😥

10. We have more control over what we do every day. 

But all is well.

I am serving at Welfare Square again. The same old same old. 

Temple Square at Christmas is crazy. I would rather have had two summers here than two winters. But it is good. There are the usual desk assignments, but then at 5 PM we have some special ones. You have 3 companionships at the Christus statue: two for traffic control and one to present and play the Words of Christ.

You have 4 companionships at God's plan of His family presentation, 1 for traffic control and 3 to take people through.

You have two companionships  to play light the world, one to direct people in and one to play it.

You have two companionships down by theaters 3 and 4 to play the old and new nativities.

You have a a whole zone at Sing Smile Find for 30 minutes by the shell fountain, the fountain between the South Visitor center and the temple. 
We have long days. We wake up at 7:15/7:45 AM and go to bed 11:15/11:45 PM. 

While i had the God's Plan assignment, guess who was waiting for me? Michayla Hassing! That was super cool! She was there with a group of friends, they had travel up from Provo! 

Thank you all and don't forget to Light the World!
Sister Glanzer


I got my trunky papers. They read it wrong, I have a 9 year extension, I go home 2027!

My first night back it was super cold. Our window doesn't close all the way, Latina roommates had the thermostat down to below 60 degrees. I got up at 1 am found all the towels I could (adjusted the temp) and I was toasty after that. I have regular blankets now.

You know you are temple square missionary when the Asian sisters leave weird food behind.

I'm not even here a week and I already made a mess!

I translated announcing for my companion for announcing. We gave an ASL tour to a guy that could hear. He referred! 

We got to listen to the MoTab Concert, it was pretty good. But at times all I could think was "I could be in someones home teaching right now." (if I was still on my outbound mission) Oh well. It was very neat. 

Sister Smith M. getting stuff from her mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!