Thursday, January 4, 2018

What Knowledge We Have!

As many know, President Monson passed away Tuesday night. My companion was sad and grim, but honestly I was pretty excited! Yes, it is sad that he has passed, but what I love about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the knowledge that I have! Like, I don't even know where to start! I get to be a missionary while they pray to Heavenly Father and confirm who the next prophet is because I know that He has promised that He will have a prophet on the earth until Christ comes again. Also, that the Priesthood will always be on the earth! I know that life doesn't just end with death, but the next step, the next place of progression is the Spirit world where one can learn more about Heavenly Father's plan or teach others about the plan until Judgment Day! That is for every person that lived on this earth.

President Monson is probably already teaching others, after he saw is loved ones that had passed before him. Oh man! And more knowledge, all because a 14 year old boy in the early 1800's was trying to find out which church he should join and he listened to Heavenly Father and Jesus told him! This Message we share is so happy and good! What a great day to be a missionary! 

President and Sister Risenmay are on their last week serving here, and they gave their farewell talks this last Sunday. I don't remember everything they talked about, but Sister Risenmay talked about how much she loved us and shared a few stories of sisters that had gone home about what they had sacrificed and gained because they served so faithfully. Holiness! That was her topic! And I remember that President Risenmay talked about Christ's atonement. They are such great and spiritual people. I really do admire them. 

President and Sister Fisher are the next president, and they are from Morgan, UT. That is where the Horseman is from, for those of you who have seen the new" Meet the Mormons." The other day Sister Martel, Kleiner, and I talked to a family that knows them! That family was a fun group. We were guessing what they do for work and got it on the first guess. 

For the year 2017 the baptism goal was 1700. We didn't achieve it, but we did help 1360 souls to come unto Christ. Which is pretty amazing. That is about how many we got last year.

I have never been the best at receiving referrals from people I talk to on Temple Square when I am contacting by myself. Sister Bablitz and Sister Da Luz are rock stars. But this week I got two! Super awesome! One, the family just walked up to me and referred their niece that was with them. Now then, there was this really weird thing that happened. I contacted the aunt two days later and she said some missionary had called her and gave her all the info she had wanted, but it is odd because they didn't submit a request online and the info was just in my area book and not my teaching center. Really weird. I was out for blood if some missionary somehow went into my missionary space and messed around in it, nah. But I am not worried about it too much now, the locals have her info and all is well

Two, I was talking to a group of return missionaries and one gave me a referral of her friend. Can't wait to talk to him! 

Christmas season is over! Yay! It is a good season and all, but there are just too many people. Missionary work is weird and awkward and sometimes people are just stand offish to us, and you think, "I am just wanting to strengthen your faith in Christ, I just want to help you find salvation, I just want to help you fulfill the promises you've made at baptism." Oh well! They will all figure it out one day! 

That is all my dears!
Sister Glanzer from Warshintun State


A while ago S.Christensen came and gave me some potatoes, I cooked them.
The reason why there are no plaques up with the nativity pictures is because when someone took them off they stacked them and they got stuck together. 
Bro. Coppinger, Elko 2nd ward mission leader found me!
Some Folks from Reno YSA found me too! In the Beehive House of all places! Left to right: Shawn, Darlene, Me, Lauren, the guy from Wells, NV that I can't think of his name for the life of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!