Saturday, February 10, 2018

Being Busy and Staying Busy

We have been fortunate enough to have been at the Humanitarian Center four times this transfer! Each time we had a tour! So blessed! They also give us lunch too, so that is a perk! When there is some down time and we have done our studies and other missionary work, we can go help with quilting. Sister Su has never quilted before, so she was pretty excited! 

We gave our first English tour together! It was a member and his friend who is going to be baptized on Sunday! How cool! As we were walking up the ramp at the Christus, I thought, "I am going to miss walking people up here." I am too strong for tears, but it did help the spirit to be there more for me in that last part. 

Something so neat that I had only experienced once in my mission, (which was outbound in the YSA ward) is having a few investigators on date that are attending church and are progressing! It so neat! To have people to plan for! Sister Su and I set a goal of four people to be baptized this transfer, and we have four people on date! It doesn't mean they will, but I have that abiding trust (hope) in Heavenly Father that they will. Prayer and doing our best to support them. Two are from Fiji! 

Funny story about the Fijians! So we sent the referral to the elders there, who then  gave it to the correct elders. We called them and got the scoop on the investigators. They are such golden pineapples on the island of Fiji. (I don't know if pineapples are actually grown there) We thought that we were in contact with the son via Facebook, but we were very wrong. There are a ton of people with his same name in Fiji in his same area, so we are hoping that the elders are getting him to find us on Facebook. 

When we talked with the Elders the last time, they asked, " Did you watch the Superbowl?" 
"No, we are missionaries."
"Oh, good."
"We aren't even in family wards so we haven't heard anything either." 

Then when I was spelling my name for them to find me on Facebook. BAHAHA Alice Joe Blander is my name. 

We called them off of regular phones in the Humanitarian Center. The first time for Sister Su doing that. She had a big smile on her face the whole time!

Today we went to the planetarium with Sister Blocker and Sister He. That was fun! Cool place. I think I wasted some p-days by not doing anything fun like that. Shopping is BORING! 

I had exchanges this week! I was Sister Ranieri from Italy who is my district leader, and then when Sister Su went with her yesterday, and I got to be with sister Fedotova, Zone Leader, because Sister Tang was sick. I love sister Fedotova! I am glad I got that exchange with her! 

Good bye my dear friends! Until next week!
Sister Glanzer, WA state. #65tranfersleft

there might be more pictures there might not be! who knows!






Taking a video for sister Fedotova to send
Japanese meeting: basement of the Assembly hall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!