Saturday, February 3, 2018

No matter who you are, the Gospel will change you!

I may have talked about this before, but before my mission I never knew that China was closed to proselyting missionaries. I totally thought that it was like other countries that had missionaries. I don't know the exact details, but Sister Su explained a bit that there was a religious group that was there and then they did some crazy things that closed China to a lot of different religions from proselyting. There are roughly 30,000 members in China. There are a lot of branches around and Sister Su meets in an apartment building for Sunday services. She lives about a 30 min bus ride away. They only have youth activities once a month and once a year they have this country wide Youth Conference. Cool! She said there is a week or so were it is super humid, 110% humidity, and there is dew collecting in their homes! Crazy! I just love her so much!


Our assignment is Humanitarian center and typically they have said that last transfer there were almost no tours. Well, I have been working on the Christlike attribute of hope, an abiding trust in God. I pray fervently that we will have at least one tour during our shift. Our day is Friday and we cover on Tuesdays as well. We had a tour both days! Prayers answered! The Humanitarian Center is a pretty neat place. It is actually part of the Welfare department because it has the same program that is in the Deseret Industries. We get to show people what kind Humanitarian efforts this church does, which is a lot considering the smaller size it is compared to more well known churches.

Now lets get down to the people!

A lady named Lynn from............ RENO!!!!!!! What? I know! So Sister Su’s last comp went outbound and we got all of her people. Some of the people she just sent the information to and told us to follow up if they received it. Well, we text Lynn and she is at a very low point in her life. We ask if we can call her a little later, we had to go to Tabernacle. While we were there I was praying so hard that she she would be interested in learning more. Now, I realized that was partly because I wanted to be able to call the Local Missionaries in Reno. I was looking at the possibilities on who could be her missionaries, I was so hoping to send some to YSA ward. But I realized that is the wrong reason to want to send some one. My job is to teach her and prepare a golden pineapple in the high deserts of Nevada for whoever the missionaries are. So, I switched my prayers to help me to want to teach her because she is a child of God. She is definitely at a point where the gospel will help her. We have another appointment on Thursday! She is not YSA aged, which is good, I think. I don’t know the missionaries in the family ward that she belongs too. But I still cant wait to see the transformation the gospel will have on her and her family. I know that no matter who you are, the gospel will change you as you are willing to submit to Heavenly Father, relying on Him and Christ.

Sister Su has quite a few golden people the are so ready for baptism, they just have Word of Wisdom struggles, but they are willing to work at them!

There was the Finish Strong Meeting for us in our last leg of the mission. Always super good. The last time I went to that was with Sister Samamé back a year ago almost. Crazy. Still the same, but just more meaning behind it. Darn the time really does fly and I feel like I could go for another six months, really. I don’t have the falling apartness that a lot of sisters get, which I am glad for.

We watched a Sister Missionary Premiere of one of the newest Meet the Mormons, “The Craftsmen” It is about this regular guy from Bountiful, Utah that built two airplanes. But it is very family focused and about their trial of their daughter having cancer. They were there while we watched it. So go to your nearest LDS Visitor Center and watch it! So good. If I wasn’t so against crying I would have shed some tears, the spirit was strong. I hope Sister Su and I get to play it for folks.

Also! Super funny but kind of cool, the Fishers asked us to be aware of our breath and take mints periodically throughout the day. I can eat all the grape and cinnamon mints I want on square! YES!

Wan an (wa (as in water) on) Goodnight in Chinese!
Sister Glanzer, the Evergreen State and in a state that is ever green for serving the Lord! #greenymywholemisssion





The perfect shopping cart for Sister He (kind of like you are breathing out (huuuh)
The new Meet the Mormons family
Mastering my fan skills at Chinatown market for when I take Mandarin and Cantonese tours
Waiting to watch the premiere of the new Meet the Mormons
Waiting for what felt like a long time
I made these tasty potato rolls
Sister Su made us some pho

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!