Saturday, February 24, 2018

Fishers of Men

Hmmmm. What happened. I think because I didn’t write in journal at all this week I didn't remember much. That is bad. And some funny things happened too! 

We had a bunch of language meetings! Cantonese and Mandarin meeting. I got to try some interesting foods. Hotpot! You have boiling water and you stick stuff in it and then you take the stuff out and eat it. Beef tripe..... I think it is gross. But I like one type of fish ball. There was also these rice cake things.... not like the rice cake things that are crunchy and you feed to children as snacks. They are like.... gummy? Tasty though. 

I gave my departing Talk in sacrament meeting. I guess it was really good. Short and powerful, is what the critics say. I talked about keeping the commandments that God lovingly asks us to keep. Pretty good. I was the last speaker, and I took maybe five minutes to speak. We were told six mins and a sister definitely took six minutes. 

But really it is a commonly asked thing of us in the Bible and Book of Mormon, to "keep the commandments." Commandments are meant to keep us safe and happy! And one of my favorite things that I coined from my mission, “Just as the pioneers had to gain faith, that polygamy was a commandment of God, through prayer and living it. Heavenly Father wants us to do the same with the commandments of this day.” (Polygamy is not a commandment any more and we don't follow it) Pretty simple, in order for us to be the happiest we can!

We got to take a motor coach! That was great! I was definitely rusty on taking motor coaches. My companion and the contacts never had anyone tell them how to take one! (Made me fell so old in the mission). There wasn’t anything special about the motor coach, just that is will probably be my very last one. Soul crushing. 

It snowed here! Sunday morning during church, President told us that it would snow. My companion and I didn’t prepare for the snow that came. It snowed three days straight. 

We went to the great Salt Lake! There was a bunch of dead birds and the ground was think and squishy of dead brine shrimp. The water is really salty. 

Zone conference! Wow. I cant forget about my last zone conference! I gave a departing testimony. My last departing testimony! No more! And Elder Spencer talked about budgeting, which was great! I am going to have to be better at that right here soon. President Bateman talk about being fishers of men. He brought a fly fishing pole and compared that the Book of Mormon is our fishing pole to bring people to Christ! If you would only open and read you can know.

Sister Glanzer, Washington State

1 comment:

Thanks for reading!