Thursday, December 8, 2016

We have Christmas because of Jesus, and we wouldn't have Christmas if we didn't have Easter.

I feel like I am running out of things to say that everyone hasn't already read, I don't like to be too redundant. A struggle of being a temple square sister is losing your food bag in the maw of the two big fridges. It really is trying when you are super hungry after a long while on square. But you wouldn't imagine the amount of covers we need, especially during the day when it isn't as busy! Ridiculous at times the amount of 999 covers or tours that west gate has to send out to our phones. The worst ones to see are  "3 eng missed at EF”. That means sisters aren't looking at their phones. Sister Da Luz and I aren't perfect either, but all sisters can improve during these times.

Now my new assignment is Beehive House. We give 20 minute tours and Sister Da LUz and I are there four times during the week. Each shift is three hours long. This is the place where we get to take panic buttons because there are no cameras in the house. But security gets there fast, and like three of them will show up. A sister pushed it on accident, so I got to witness this first hand, and then they remind us only emergencies. She felt bad, but I would feel bad too if I accidentally pushed it.

Since I last wrote, #Light the World has started, and December 2nd was the worst challenge as a missionary. Jesus honored His parents, you can too! I will do it now! I love my parents, Tyrone and Janet Glanzer. They took very good care of me as I grew and I know that they are supporting me as a missionary. It is also fun to see, away from people I know and know me, which characteristics I have from them, good and okay. But they are the ones that had the most influence of the Allison you have today, excuse me, sorry, Sister Glanzer you have today.

Last Saturday was a very busy day on the square. I say more people than are in the city limit of Tonasket, I saw more people that I would see in a month back home! I may be exaggerating a little on the month bit, but maybe not. I do not like being at TC desk at that time. Nope. Beehive house is nice because there aren't hordes of people coming.I also have it in the evenings of the two busiest days of the week! Woot!

I taught a new sister how to take discrete pictures on her iPad. Hey hey. They are changing from iPads to Samsung tablets! By the time the newest sisters are at the end of their missions everyone will Samsung tablets, one new sister told me. Interesting.

Sister Da Luz called a crazy woman on the phone. She told me about it, I didn't get to be apart because I don't speak Portuguese, but what she told me was super funny!

For Christmas, the square is closed until 4pm. but what we do that day, I don't know yet. From the Christmas Devotional this year, my favorite talk was from Henry B. Eyring. Mainly his story of how his home nativity pageant grew through the years. The messages where also good. We have Christmas because of Jesus, and we wouldn't have Christmas if we didn't have Easter.

I got to go on exchanges with Sister Günther, her companion is Sister Fehlmann, who is our district leader. Also, those two are our new room mates, the two German sisters. I rather like them both. I really enjoyed my exchanges with her. One can always learn so much.

Now, you have to be certified to drive a mission vehicle. We need to be safe and use good judgment and so forth. I have been trying for the last three weeks to take the drive test. Every time it gets scheduled something happens that pushes it back further. The next date is tomorrow, Wednesday, but I am going on exchanges with sister Fehlmann, and I think I'll have to reschedule, again. I don't think I am meant to drive a mission car. BUT! I wont give up!

I still invite you all to go to https://www.mormon.org/ and accept the service challenge. Today's was read the scriptures; I got that one in the bag.   So I'll share my favorite scripture with you all!

Mosiah 18:30: And now it came to pass that all this was done in Mormon, yea, by the waters of Mormon, in the forest that was near the waters of Mormon; yea, the place of Mormon, the waters of Mormon, the forest of Mormon, how beautiful are they to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Redeemer; yea, and how blessed are they, for they shall sing to his praise forever.

I think I've might have talked about it before, but it just cracks me up! Mormon so totally had fun as he wrote this scripture on the plates! It just shows that great prophets are still just people! I bet when Joseph and Oliver stopped for a second and chuckled to themselves while they were translating The Book of Mormon. I would have. I probably would have had a laughing attack, driving the spirit it away with my laughter, then need to go for a walk and a drink of water. I can connect with Mormon here. I like my name too!


Chau
Sister Glanzer




Our lovely tree! Thanks Mom!
Those plates are heavy! Like lugging a bag of soft water salt around!
Rebel
I asked a kid how tall he thought Moroni, the angel who is on top of the temples, is. He said one foot. Fun fact, it is 14 feet.
Panoramic of the Reflection Pool at Temple Sqare



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!