Friday, May 5, 2017

Invite Others to Come Unto Christ

In the midst of the week, I took a referral conformation for a bible. I said my usual openings, the man asked a common question, what kind of bible is it? People think the Book of Mormon is the "mormon bible". The King James Version of the Bible. And what church is this? The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

They, like three men, then unleashed themselves on me. They wanted to just sit there and tell me what I "believed." It was so sad to have someone tell me that I do not believe in Christ over and over, and some other things. They weren't listening to me, but I do believe in Christ. So with the suggestion of my companion, I recited the missionary purpose, my purpose. I am here to invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the Restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the holy ghost and enduring to the end. I am sorry that we do not seem to agree, but I am glad Jesus has helped you in your life. I hope you have a good day. 

So my invitation to everyone to day is to be kind and courteous to people of other religions or no religions. I hope that none of you will ever trap anyone and tell them what they "believe," or degrade another religion to other people. It is just plain rude and doesn't say too much about your character to other people. My suggestion, instead of attacking people and telling them what they "believe," ask them what they believe and be understanding. There are many people here at Temple Square who are polite and nicely decline our invitations to learn more. I love those kinds of people. I am not perfect, but these past few days I have pushed to the edge with religion-intolerant people, and I don't want anyone else to be like that.  

We don't do weekly planning on the computers anymore! Which is great! Both teaching centers are freeeeeee! We do it all on our iPads! which is fun when you are with your district. We go to this little room in the back of the Assembly Hall! we all brought some snacks! 

We start the summer schedule today! Which means the square opens at 8 am! Let me tell you! When they say that Mandarin people come that early, they mean it! They really do! Mandarin is Chinese speaking people, but not every one who speaks Mandarin is from China. They can also be from Taiwan. Something that I also learned on my mission is that China isn't open for missionaries. I never knew, so when little kids say, "I want to go to China on my mission" I say "Oooh! You'll be one of the very first!!" I love this mission because I am becoming aware of all these things I never knew in little Tonasket. There are times where I am still a little sad I didn't get to go to a foreign mission, but then I remember that I am serving with 48 other countries, 30 something languages, and contacting almost the whole world. I have friends everywhere! 

Sister Morales and I have so much fun together! We are able to help each other be better. And we are taking some very noticeable sayings from each other... at least i can see it. 

Keep it real, and spread love! 
Sister Glanzer






​​Pioneer picture for announcing. I got a lot of compliments about my announcing last Sunday... I wonder what was different. Hmm
District Shopping! Nothing like P-Day on Temple Square! The Latina companions are not present because they were still taking their time in Walmart.
We went to the Temple, then Kneaders afterwards! It was Sister Huang's B-Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!