Thursday, August 31, 2017

Two Things I Didn't Want in My Mission: Use Facebook and Ride a Bike

Something that I really learned this week was that a lot people don't know how the Bible came to be, which I find so surprising. We had a tour of less than happy people I don't even know. They brought about how John says in Revelation that no one should add to his book. We began to explain just a bit about the history of the Bible being collected together in 4th century and boy, they didn't like that. This isn't too missionary like to say, but, "WHAT THE HECK?" That is my thinking after the tour. All but two people in the tour were just "attack, attack, attack."

At one point, the grandfather, there was family of Romanian Christians, raised his hand, "Oh, he has a question." Nope. He got very angry at us. I can see why learning the Gospel in your native language is always the best option. He misunderstood what we said. But it ended well enough, as the Holy Ghost was able to whisper to the grandmother, and she took a Book of Mormon in Romanian. Sadly, we found her restoration pamphlet in the Tabernacle. But we both know she was touched by what she was able to learn. She was also the most interested in what we had to say.

I want you all to know that the funniest part of the day is when we go home and are there when Sister Smith M. and Yoshida come home. We just share the most random things that happened that day. We all get really into the stories too.

WE ARE GOING TO BECOME A FACEBOOK MISSION!!!?????!!!!!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!???!!!!! 😐😮😱😥😫😭
Sister Smith told us (it was announced in Zone Conference). There were two things I did not want to do on my mission, use Facebook and ride a bike. Well, if we are becoming a FB mission, that probably means that when I am outbound, I will ride a bike. I have been praying so hard not to though. I would rather walk everywhere.

I had the best 2nd phone call ever with a lady named Shelda! So good, and we are gonna call her next Monday to see if she prayed and read. We reported to the local missionaries so they can know, but they didn't seem to care that much. Maybe it was just the personality of the Elder, to get over excited about things. Oh well! There are other missionaries that are excited about our supporting the investigator, but those investigators don't respond back. We just can't have both.

Sister Glanzer
PS. Sorry, I ran out of time... Pictures next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!